Call for pitches: Static Zine Issue 3 – The Story of Our Lives
|December 13, 2011||Posted by Jessica under Issue 3|
It’s that time again! Static Zine is gearing up for our third issue (due March 2012), and we’re bouncing off the walls with excitement.
The purpose of this post is to tell you that we want your words and/or art in it, and how we can make this happen.
- The theme of Issue 3 is “the story of our lives.”
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a song written about you, a movie made about you, a reality TV crew follow you (and so on) that records your life, most specifically that one quirky thing about you or something that happens to you that you know would be caught? Now here’s the chance to imagine a part of your life in the form of words, illustration, cartoons, comics, games, you name it.
- Other instances: a musical, a play, lists, an obituary, a diary entry or letter found years later and published, a game, a newspaper article, any type of media, really. You can get creative with how these are presented.
- Example: A sample storyboard of a scene in a movie about you. Who would play you? What would the scene be about? Think about something that typically happens in your life where you’d find yourself saying “man, if my life was a movie…”
- Keep in mind: This is cooked up by you, about you and written by you.
- If you have questions, don’t hesitate to email us to ask!
How to pitch
- Come up with what media you’d like to use, what moment of your life it would be covering, and how you’d like it to appear in the zine. Would you be writing out a scenario and need art? Do you want to submit just art, a comic, a cartoon or a game? How should this best be represented?
- Think of neat online components for your contribution as well!
- Stories are usually 100-300 words, but for now just submit the pitch, not the actual piece.
- Email info @ staticzine . com by the end-of-the-day January 6th.
- We will be in touch soon after on whether it is accepted or not.
- Your best bet at understanding what to pitch, our voice, the kind of art we like and what the zine layout looks like will come from checking out Issue 1 and Issue 2.
- Note: Static Zine does not publish music reviews.
Thanks, and we’re looking forward to hearing from you!